Yelp Review Management and Advertising Services
Why Care About Online Reviews?
There was a time, not too long ago, that a grievance between you and your customers was between you and them. With the advent of the internet that has changed. In today’s age of social media, there are no secrets online when it comes to your business, and nothing embodies this more so than online reviews:
- Whereas complaining about a business to multiple people used to require complaining multiple times, it can now be done once and reach millions of viewers.
- Word of mouth used to be limited to friends and acquaintances, now it can reach anyone with an internet connection.
- Bad word of mouth used to effectively die once the person ‘got over it.’ Now one angry outburst about a business can live forever online.
- Finding opinions and reviews of a business used to require finding people that had used the business. They can now be found with a few strokes of the keyboard from any desktop, laptop, smartphone or tablet.
There is good news! While online reviews can hurt your business, they can also be the rocket fuel that propels your business to the next level by enabling positive sentiment and referrals to reach millions of potential leads. Consider this:
- Online reviews are the great marketing equalizer. Consumers trust recommendations from friends 92% of the time, and consumer opinions, like reviews, posted online 70% of the time compared to paid advertising like TV, print banner ads which range from 47% all the way down to 29%. This means that by focusing on online reviews you can outperform your competitors regardless of your marketing budget.
- Online reviews are so important that a Harvard Business School study found that “a one-star increase in Yelp rating leads to a 5-9 percent increase in revenue”.
- Since a typical online review strategy starts from the ground-up by focusing on the customer experience, it will also increase customer retention, and since keeping a customer is 6-7 times more valuable than earning a new one, an online review strategy is a double-win for your bottom line.
Yelp Review Management Service
In addition to creating a framework for how to manage your online reputation we provide the following services:
- Reputation Management
- Responding to both positive and negative reviews
- Monitoring review sites
- Monitoring Social Media such as Facebook, Twitter and Google+ for review
- Review Management
- Increasing positive reviews
- Removing and improving negative reviews
- Analyzing customer sentiment to improve satisfaction
- Interacting with clients online to prevent negative sentiment and improve positive sentiment
- Online Review and Reputation Management consulting for your in-house marketing team
Yelp Ad Management Service
Yelp is the undisputed king of reviews and serves over 17 million unique visitors per month. Their advertising plans range from $350 per month to around $1,000 per month, generally have a 12 month contract, and are done on an impression basis.
There are a number of pros and cons to advertising on Yelp, and you should definitely speak to us before agreeing to any contracts.
We’ll be happy to provide our expert opinion and a free consultation if you’re interested.